MsS: Don't Be Cruel

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Don't Be Cruel

Bobby Brown is involved in some bad stuff....again. Two members of his entourage were stabbed at a weekly open mic night at Justin's, a soul food restaurant here in Atlanta owned by P. Diddy. Ya know, whenever I'm driving to church on Saturdays with my mom and we go past Bobby Brown Pkwy (yes there's a road named after him here) I always wonder if he's being a good boy. But it looks like trouble seems to follow him wherever he goes.

Speaking of people with their own prerogative, Britney and Kevin: Chaotic comes on tonight. I watched the premier last week. Yes it was ridiculous, badly shot, and over the top. And I found out more about Britney than I ever really wanted to know. But I'm obsessed with reality television, so of course I'll be watching tonight. I'm just fascinated, and I can't help myself.

So tomorrow night I guess we'll be finding out who's the next American Idol. I'm pretty sure Bo is going to win 'cause he'll have all the little girls voting for him. But I think that Carrie will do really well when her country album comes out in a few years. I'm certain that it will be better than most of the crap on country radio right now. And I know most of it is crap because my father rarely switches the dial from his beloved country radio station whenever we're in the car. Ick.

Swung By Seraphim has a song from Vanishing Kids for download. One of their former members, Eric, now plays keyboard in one of my favorite bands, The Prids.

Oh and apparently The Stones Roses are going to reunite.

If you're a fan of the moody dark Joy Division-esque vocals and danceable post punk feel, there's this really fantastic band from the UK called Editors. If you haven't heard them, you should listen to them, because they're great! Listen to their songs Munich and Bullets here. Listen to Munich first. It's pretty incredible. Their debut record is coming out later this year I think. There's an interview with the boys at theStereoEffect here so check that out too.

Another band I've been digging lately is Battle. Well I've been digging this one song anyway. So you should listen to Tendency as well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daan said...

Daan was hier, not Daan was heir :)

It's allright, don't panic. ;)

So Daan was here too.

1:23 PM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

haha, oops. oh well at least i didn't mess it up too bad. i fixed it :)

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, and for the tip on The Editors, I'm going to check them out right now.

9:19 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Sure thing. I hope you like what you hear :)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home