MsS: And I will love you so for always

Saturday, June 18, 2005

And I will love you so for always

For the next two weekends, I have weddings to attend. Tomorrow (well actually in about 10 hours from now), my friend Karen is getting married. I've known her since first grade and it's so weird to know that this time tomorrow she'll be a married woman. Crazy! Next weekend, my cousin Angelo is getting married to his longtime girlfriend Nicole. Both Karen and Angelo are 23 (my age) and I think it's great that they've already found people that they want to spend the rest of their lives with. It's definitely a weird thing when people around you who are your age start tying the not. But I don't feel any pressure to go out and find a husband. As a matter of fact, the thought of getting married right now makes me want to hurl. But it's not like I have a boyfriend or anything, so it's not its not even an issue :)

I've been to probably about 6 or 7 weddings in my life. I was a flower girl at my cousin David's wedding when I was little. Angelo was the ring bearer. We were so cute.



That's Angelo's sister Alana on the left. I remember being really nervous about having to walk down the aisle. I'm sure I'll be 100 times more nervous when I walk down the aisle at my own wedding.

So in honor of the upcoming nuptials, I give you a list of songs people tend to play at their weddings. Most of these are songs that people have used as their "wedding songs" (I doubt anyone has ever used Chapel of Love, 'cause that would just be weird). And just a note, if any of you out there get married, don't use Atlantic Starr's Always as your song. Every couple I've known that's had that as their song is now divorced. Just saying. And also The Police song, Every Breath You Take, is there as a joke (of course). Sting has said many times that people come up to him and tell him that they used that song as their wedding song. Did the miss the crazy, stalker feel to it? I guess so.

Etta James- At Last
Atlantic Starr- Always
Heatwave- Always and Forever
Dixie Cups- Chapel of Love
Sade- By Your Side
Lionel Richie and Diana Ross- Endless Love
The Police- Every Breath You Take

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home