MsS: I'll fight you just to get a piece

Sunday, July 03, 2005

I'll fight you just to get a piece

Today in Pull Up the People, someone posted a link to the new M.I.A. video for Bucky Done Gun. You can download it here. I love it. But Maya could make a video in an empty room, and I would love that too.

A 15 year old boy was stabbed after refusing to give a group of teenagers his ipod. He died from his injuries later on at the hospital. Can you believe that people are killing other people for ipods? Craziness! I get really nervous whenever I go anywhere with mine. I've been thinking about getting different color earbuds because the white ones scream, "HEY! I HAVE A $400 MP3 PLAYER! LOOK AT ME!" Although, if I take mine with me outside of the house, it's usually because I just want to listen to it in the car. I've only taken it on MARTA a few times, and I was always paranoid about it. So if you have an ipod, just be careful when you're out and about with it.

I missed The Cure's Live 8 performance because I wasn't sure if they were playing in Paris or Berlin (it ended up being Paris) and so I was flipping back and forth between the two on aol.com. Thank God I have the internet 'cause MTV's and VH1's coverage of Live 8 sucked. They only showed the performances that they thought were highlights of the day, and most of those weren't even shown in their entirety. What's up with that? And what was the deal with the commercials every 6 minutes? That got annoying too. So I'm glad that I was able to watch the performances online. Did I mention how awesome Madonna was? No really. She was amazing.

I've been listening to this Decemberists song a lot lately. What a great band!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song by the Decemberists. Thanks for introducing me to them! :)

7:37 PM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

You're very welcome :) I'm glad you like it.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home