MsS: I've got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots

Monday, July 11, 2005

I've got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots

Well, my mom is pretty much driving my father and I crazy. Since our basement flooded again last night, she's been in a hurry hurry hurry to move stuff upstairs before it rains again. We understand that and all. But she doesn't understand that sometimes, we have to take breaks to sleep and eat. Earlier, my father had just finished eating lunch, and my mom wanted his help downstairs. She didn't know why it was taking him so long to start helping again. So he told me to tell her that he'd be there in 5 to 10 minutes because his food had to settle. When I told my mom, she thought that was a load of crap. haha. I dunno, she's like super woman or something, 'cause she hasn't been tired since Thursday. Amazing.

Anyway, I was able to sneak away for a bit to have a bowl of my favorite ice cream. Mayfield's Birthday Cake! Seriously, best ice cream ever. But I'm not going to rush back downstairs just yet. 'Cause my food has to settle too.

And not that this is the same kind of settling but ya know...

Have you noticed that The Sound of Settling by Death Cab For Cutie is being played in everything now? I heard it in the trailer for the upcoming Steve Martin/Claire Danes flick Shop Girl, as well as the commercial for the DVD release of the 1st season of Laguna Beach. Shop Girl looks really good actually. Jason Schwartzman is also in it. It's based on a book that Steven Martin wrote. I hear the book is really good too. You can watch the trailer for the movie here.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home