MsS: You're telling me to see the truth even with my eyes sewn up

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

You're telling me to see the truth even with my eyes sewn up

Wow guys, I'm so sorry that there hasn't been a post for a few days. But it wasn't my fault! Comcast cut off our cable on Sunday 'cause they suck and we didn't get it back until this afternoon. You can read about it in my LJ if you want. I've felt really bad about not being able to post. But you understand right? Anyway, here's the post that I was writing on Sunday before the cable was cut.

Last week, I got an email saying that once again Head Automatica had to cancel a few tour dates because lead singer Daryl Palumbo was back in the hospital. As both a Glassjaw and Head Automatica fan, I've seen this happen before. Daryl unfortunately suffers from Crohns disease and has relapsed while on tour on a few other occasions. A couple of years ago, what would have been my 5th Glassjaw show was cancelled after Daryl got sick on the road. He feels really awful about having to cancel shows when this happens, but all of their fans are sympathetic and understanding and incredibly supportive. Whenever Daryl is in the hospital, he still manages to keep his sense of humor, as displayed by this recent photo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If you don't know about Head Automatica, it's the brainchild of Daryl and Dan "The Automator" Nakamura of Gorillaz and Handsome Boy Modeling School fame. With Dan's funky beats and Daryl's hardcore, punk rock energy, the two started working on songs together, and in 2004 they released the album Decadence.

I heard the leaked version of the record before it came out (which included songs that don't appear on the official release) and was really impressed with what I heard. It was totally different from Glassjaw (Daryl's hardcore band) but showed that musically, he was incredibly diverse. Some of the leaked songs had different titles from the ones that appeared on the record. For instance, Please Please Please (Young Hollywood) was called Tara Reid is a Whore. Ouch. hehe.

I bought the record my first week back at school last year and it was pretty much the only thing I listened to for about a month. It's dance, it's disco, it's punk rock, it's hip hop. It's everything that the two love about music, all blended into one really awesome album.

Below are some of my favorite tracks from Decadence. Check out Head Automatica's myspace page for tour dates and info on how Daryl is doing. Wish him well and a speedy recover so he can get back to doing what he loves to do.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(from Decadence)

Head Automatica- At The Speed of a Yellow Bullet
Head Automatica- Please Please Please (Young Hollywood)
Head Automatica- The Razor
Head Automatica- I Shot William H Macy

1 Comments:

Blogger S.M.T. said...

That it does. And you rock for thinking it rocks.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home