MsS: But in the end it's you, without you I shake

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

But in the end it's you, without you I shake

How much do I love the Prids? I love them SO much that when I went to a local radio station to meet Robert Smith, out of the hundreds of shirts, blouses, and tops that I own, I decided to wear the Prids heart and crossbones one.


2


No really, how much do I love The Prids? I love them so much that whenever they're in town, I ALWAYS see them play, even if I have to take the train to MJQ and then get a taxi all the way back to East Point. Because just even the thought of me not seeing them when they're in town makes me want to cry. The picture below is from Last summer when the band played at MJQ. I'm right down in front between the dude in the red shirt and the dude in the white shirt.


P1010129


The Prids are Mistina Keith (bass/vocals), David Frederickson (guitar/vocals), Lee Zeeman (drums), and Eric Hold (keyboard). They call Portland, OR home and have been entertaining the locals with their post punk flavored brand of indie rock. I found out about the Prids through my friend Drew. I got to know through Mistina through LJ and a few AIM conversations. And when I finally saw them live for the first time in November of 2003, I was completely blown away. They are seriously one of the best live bands I've ever seen. And the chemistry they have in real life comes through in their music. They're totally in sync and in tune with each other, which makes for really amazing music. Mistina and David have been making music together for years, and their musical partnership continues to foster great songs.

The band has been described as New Order and My Bloody Valentine at their peaks. Besides being great musicians, the members of The Prids are also music fans, and know the importance of making every song as good or better as the last.



The Prids spent a lot of time in New York this spring, playing lots of shows, quite a few opening for Built to Spill. They've sold out of their Duracraft and Glider Screamer EPs. They're constantly working on new songs to amaze us with. Did I mention that they're also one of hte hardest working bands out there? They are everything a good band should be and more. Listen to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE SONGS. More can be found on their official site as well as their myspace page.

Shadow and Shadow
Let it Go

(from Love Zero)
The Problem
Contact

Official Site
Myspace
Luminal Records


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is decent . Keep it going, & don't give up! This may be of interest to you and your readers; sedu hairstyles Get sedu hairstyles

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Native Ground Journalism Should not Be an Exclusive Club
Who is a journalist? That is the central question in the weblogs versus journalism debate.
##keyword##

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home