MsS: Bloc Party at the Tabernacle (Atlanta, GA) 9-26-05

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bloc Party at the Tabernacle (Atlanta, GA) 9-26-05

Bloc Party was awesome. I got there around 7:30 and was surprised to see that doors were already open. So I got two shirts, and went upstairs to find a spot near the stage. And guess what? There was hardly anyone in there! So I got the very last spot on the baracade, on the left side. Next to me was this guy named Tim who turned out to be really cool, and I talked with him throughout the whole show. The opening band was The Tom Collins band. They were like hard rocking americana almost, and I wondered who's idea it was to have them open up for Bloc Party since it seems as though their genres are miles apart. Oh well. Bloc Party went on a little after 9:30 opening up with So Here We Are. Kele was adorable as always. He has the best smile ever and they sounded awesome. Again, I don't know why people think they suck live 'cause they were fantastic. They pretty much played every song they've ever written. They played Blue Light, The Marshalls Are Dead, Banquet, Price of Gas (which Kele said is about evil), Helicopter (Whenever I've seen footage of Kele singing the line "Stop being so American," he always smiles. It's almost as if he's waiting to see how people are going to react to it), Little Thoughts, Positve Tension, She's Hearing Voices, This Modern Love, and Like Eating Glass. I can't remember if they played Luno or Staying Fat. Gordy was wearing a Death From Above shirt and it seems like they would've played Luno, but I just can't remember. The last two songs they played before the encores (yes as in more than one encore) were Plans and Pioneers. It's funny because Kele asked the crowd what songs they wanted to hear next, and people were shouting out all sorts of things, but mostly Plans and Pioneers. So they started playing Plans, and then Kele said, "If you play your cards right, you might get the other one as well." When they came back out to do the encores, the first song then did was Tulips which sounded AMAZING. I never thought I'd hear that live. They also played a song called The Present, which I can't remember if Kele said was a new or an old song. The final song they did was Skeleton which is like the fucking B-side of the Helipcoter 7 inch. Seriously, they were really playing EVERYTHING. Of course they didn't play Always New Depths which is the song I REALLY wanted to hear, but that's ok. There were a lot of people there, and it was nice to see that Bloc Party can pack the Tabernacle. This was the final show of Bloc Party's American tour, and Kele said, "I'm pleased to report to you that's it's gone very well." When they finished playing he said, "See ya next year." All in all, they were absolutely fantastic. And I'm happy that I finally got a chance to see them live.

Here's the best picture that I snapped during the show.

And here's a very, very short clip of the boys tuning in between songs
. I would've recorded more, but the security guard was looking at me weird. And I would've recorded a performance but it would've sounded all muffled since I was right in front of the speakers.

Now for some music. Here are two songs that came on over the speakers while we were waiting for Bloc Party to play.

Les Savy Fav- Hold On to Your Genre (from Inches)
Kylie Minogue- Slow (from Body Language)

Also, I'd like to say congrats to Michelle who can die happy now after meeting Noel Gallagher last night. I've never been a massive Oasis fan, but even I know THAT'S HUGE! So I'm really excited for her. So here are some Oasis tracks.

(from (What's the Story) Morning Glory?)
Oasis- Roll With It
Oasis- Champagne Supernova

(from Be Here Now)
Oasis- D'You Know What I Mean
Oasis- Don't Go Away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home