MsS: It's taken me all this time to find out what I need

Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's taken me all this time to find out what I need



I don't know if they still do this, but about once a year, 99x would put out a cd of Live performances and donate the money from the sales to a charity. The live performances were taped as apart of the Live X series, which is a program on the station where bands come in and perform in front of an audience. Usually the sets are acoustic. I had the pleasure of going to the Live X that Billy Corgan did back in 2000 and it was definitely a great experience for me.

I only have one Live X cd, and that's the third volume, 99X Live X III RAINN Songs. I'm sure I got it for the Bush track Comedown. I was OBSESSED with that band at the time. I think this particular Live X cd was released in 1996 or 1997 and proceeds from the sale of the cd went to RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network) which was co-founded by Tori Amos in 1994. Definitely a great organization.

This cd is of course out of print. Only a limited number of copies were made, and most probably ended up in the hands of Atlanta radio listeners. But I think almost all of the tracks are here are really great, so I'm gonna post the whole record. The ones with * next to them are the tracks that are especially amazing. I'm sure you've all heard most of these songs before, but not done in the ways you're going to hear them.

Tori Amos- Silent All These Years *
Goo Goo Dolls- Name
Dave Matthews Band- Satellite
Melissa Etheridge- I Want to Come Over*
Better Than Ezra- Desperately Wanting*
Joan Osbourne- Ladder
Paul Westerberg- Love Untold*
Tracy Chapman- Fast Car*
Jars of Clay- Flood
Dishwalla- Counting Blue Cars
Jewel- You Were Meant For Me
Bush- Comedown*
Barenaked Ladies- The Old Apartment
Fleming & John- Love Songs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home