MsS: I Used to Love H.E.R.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

I Used to Love H.E.R.

The beauty of this song is that you don't realize what it's really about until it's almost over. But it makes just as much sense afterwards as it did in the beginning.

Common- I Used to Love Here (from Resurrection)



I met this girl when I was ten years old
And What I loved most she had so much soul
She was old school, when I was just a shorty
Never knew throughout my life she would be there for me
On the regular, not a church girl she was secular
Not about the money, no studs was mic checkin her
But I respected her, she hit me in the heart
A few New York niggas had did her in the park
But she was there for me, and I was there for her
Pull out a chair for her, turn on the air for her
And just cool out, cool out and listen to her
Sittin on bone, wishin that I could do her
Eventually if it was meant to be, then it would be
Because we related, physically and mentally
And she was fun then, I'd be geeked when she'd come around
Slim was fresh yo, when she was underground

Original, pure, untampered, a down sister
Boy I tell ya, I miss her

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home