MsS: They say it's your birthday

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

They say it's your birthday

Today is my birthday! I'm 24 years old. Don't worry if you didn't know before. I'll still accept presents throughout the rest of the year. I share this birthday with Susan Sarandon, Rachael Leigh Cook, Buster Keaton, Charlton Heston, Anne Rice, Jackie Collins, Russel Simmons, Liev Schreiber, Patti LaBelle, Rutherford B. Hayes, and Alicia Silverstone. Here are some other things that have happened on October 4th in the past

On October 4th of....

1824, Mexico becomes a republic

1895, The first U.S. Open Golf tournament was held in Newport, Rhode Island

1931, the comic strip Dick Tracey by Chester Gould debuted

1941, Anne Rice was born

1957, the television sitcom Leave it to Beaver debuted on CBS and the Soviet Union launches Sputnik I

1970, Janis Joplin Died of a heroin overdose at the Landmark Hotel in Hollywood. She was 27

1965, Pope Paul VI became the 1st Pope to visit the Western Hemisphere

1988, televangelist Jim Bakker was indicted on federal charges of mail and wire fraud and of conspiring to defraud the public

According to This day in Music, the # 1 song in America on the day I was born was Endless Love by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross. The # 1 song in the UK was Prince Charming by Adam and the Ants. Is it weird that I have both The Essential Adam Ant and Lionel Richie: The Definitive Collection?



Adam and the Ants- Prince Charming
Lionel Richie and Diana Ross- Endless Love

Ok, now for the birthday songs! Here are different renditions of the traditional song.

Babyshambles performing Happy Birthday to Mick Jones
Janis Joplin singing Happy Birthday and Happy Trails
Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to President Kennedy
The Ramones singing Happy Birthday to Mr. Burns on The Simpsons

And here are some other happy birthday songs

Altered Images- Happy Birthday (from I Could Be Happy)
The Beatles- Birthday (from The White Album)
The Birthday Party- Happy Birthday (from Hits)
Jimmy Hendrix- Happy Birthday (from The Summer of Love Sessions)
Stevie Wonder- Happy Birthday (from Hotter Than July)

scan0003

This was me at my 2nd birthday party. Who let me stand on the chair like that by myself? At least I had enough sense to hold on to the back :)

6 Comments:

Blogger S.M.T. said...

Thanks Los!

9:05 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Thanks and Thanks :)

10:12 PM  
Blogger evan said...

Thanks for commenting on berkeleyplace. Haven't heard from you for a while. Like the birthday post--hadn't heard the Janis stuff before. You know it was just her, birthday, too. I posted on it.

Anyhow, Happy Birthday!

4:08 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Yeah I didn't have a computer for almost a month, so I was gone for a little while. But hopefully that won't happen again any time soon :)

And thanks!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Salome said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:50 PM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Thank you!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home