MsS: And if you fuck with me I gone dash my curry

Saturday, November 12, 2005

And if you fuck with me I gone dash my curry

The following is for the M.I.A. obsessed, which I'm proud to be a part of.

I FINALLY heard Dash the Curry Skit from the UK version of Arular. It's pretty easy to find URAQT, which is also on the UK version of Arular, but for some reason, I could never find Dash the Curry Skit. Maybe because it's not like an actual song. Although, that doesn't really matter does it? Ok, so yeah it's only 40 seconds long but you know you love every little bit of M.I.A. that you can get.

M.I.A.- Dash the Curry Skit (from Arular, UK)

Also in the last few days, I got the demo version of You're Good and the original version of Lady Killer (thanks to the lovely people over at M.I.A.fans). You're Good appeared on a demo of Arular (there's a different version on Piracy Funds Terrorism). At first I thought it was Untitled a.k.a. Macho (from Piracy Funds Terrorism) 'cause the beat sounds very similar. But nope, totally different song. Diplo's remix of Lady Killer is on Piracy Funds Terrorism but the original version is yet another bonus track from Arular.

M.I.A.- You're Good
M.I.A.- Lady Killa

Last month, callmeMICKEY posted a bunch of Galang Remixes. But most are all new to me so, they might be new to you as well. I like the Dave Kelly Remix the best.

M.I.A.- Galang (S-Unit Remix)
M.I.A.- Galang (Cavemen Remix)
M.I.A.- Galang (Cadence Weapon Earthbound Remix)
M.I.A.- Galang (Serj Tankian Remix)
M.I.A.- Galang (Dave Kelly Remix featuring Cham)

And for all of you budding DJs out there, here are acapella versions of a few songs from Arular. Remix the hell out of them.

M.I.A.- Pull up the People (a capella)
M.I.A.- Bucky Done Gun (a capella)
M.I.A.- URAQT (a capella)

And I've posted this one before, but I really like it so...

M.I.A.- Do Ya


2 Comments:

Blogger Salome said...

I don't know if you knew, but M.I.A. & Kele Okereke from Bloc Party are on the cover of The December issue of The URB.

2:50 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Haha, yes I just found out yesterday. I have to find out where I can get a copy, and then get like 8 of them. :)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home