MsS: I don't believe my own two ears

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I don't believe my own two ears

I have to mention that April's newest shirt got noticed by Gawker today. It's pretty awesome and I totally want one.



If you don't know who Anderson Cooper is, SHAME ON YOU! He and Christiane Amanpour are the only reasons I watch CNN. Hopefully, April will whip up a few of these shirts and sell them at some point. But for now, visit her site Emotion Lotion. Now onto the tunes.

There's this band from Columbus, Ohio called The Terribly Empty Pockets. When I mentioned Daniel Radcliffe's Clap Your Hand Say Yeah adulation on TRL last week, Sean P said that Terribly Empty Pockets do what Clap Your Hands Say Yeah does, but much better. Could this be true? Of course it could be true, but is it true? It's all a matter of opinion I guess. However, I will say that you can definitely trust Sean's opinions on bands, as his mixed cds have been known to change lives (and of course music listening habits).



I can't find too much info on this band. Josh Holt met Sarah BB one day and together they formed the Terribly Empty Pockets. The two later met Justin Riley, Ryan Jewell, and Ben Colburn and the duo turned into a five piece. I found two TEP songs on their website, and three more songs at Columbus Discount Records. Was Sean P right yet again? I'll let you make up your own minds. But I will say that I think I'm in love Tiny View, Christine and A-Okay.



(from Go to Bed Early)
The Terribly Empty Pockets- Christine *highly recommended*
The Terribly Empty Pockets- Sweet When You Were Young
The Terribly Empty Pockets- A-Okay *highly recommended*

I don't know where these are from, but you'll definitely, definitely want to listen to these as well.
The Terribly Empty Pockets-Help is on the Way
The Terribly Empty Pockets-Tiny View *highly recommended*

5 Comments:

Blogger Austin said...

Did you know that Mr. Cooper likes boys? Not that it should deter you from loving him, but I found that interesting. Anyway...

12:26 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Haha, yes I've heard that. But I'm still waiting for the words, "I'm gay," to come out of his mouth. If he ever did out himself, CNN would be stupid to let him go, because he'd take that HUGE viewing audience that he has with him. In any case, he'll always be the hottest grey haired man on tv :)

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grey hair is cool. Especially since mine's turned. LOL

"Boner" may be the finniest word in the english language.

12:16 PM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

I think men definitely pull off grey hair better than women do. Unless the woman is an artist or writer or something. Then it just seems more appropriate somehow.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew a woman with a wild mane of gray that was almost white. It was spectacular. She would have been pretty striking, with different colored hair or no hair at all, but the white was very cool.

Last comment? "Boner" is funny, not finny.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home