MsS: If I could be anything I want to be, I would be you

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

If I could be anything I want to be, I would be you

First of all, Threadless is having one of their awesome $10 sales. It started yesterday afternoon, and the servers must've been overloaded because it took me forever just to get my order through. So I suggest you head on over there and get the shirts you want before it's too late.

You all probably remember hearing that Edwyn Collins suffered a brain hemorrhage back in February. He was able to leave the hospital in August and is still recovering. If you'd like to send him a card or a letter wishing him well, here's the address:

West Heath Studios,
West Heath Yard,

174 Mill Lane,

London, NW6 1TB


Yesterday, Between Thought and Expression posted the Ladytron cover of Tweet's Oops! Oh My from the Softcore Jukebox cd. Even though this cd has been out since 2003, I'd never heard it. This song is pretty rad though, so I had to post it for you guys.

Ladytron- Oops! Oh My (from Softcore Jukebox)

The Eames Era, everyone's favorite indie pop band from Baton Rouge, released a new album last month called Double Dutch. Ok maybe they're not everyone's favorite indie pop band from Baton Rouge, but they're mine! A few months ago a lot of bloggers were posting this amazing track by The Eames Era called Could Be Anything. I fell in love with that song last year when it was in rotation at WUOG. It's just one those really infectious songs that you just want to listen to over and over again. It's even featured on the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack. By the way, Grey's Anatomy is the only show you should be watching at 10 p.m. on Sundays. Patrick Dempsey has come a very long way from the dorky kid you saw in Can't Buy Me Love, Heaven Help Us, and Loverboy. By the way, I totally saw Can't Buy Me Love this weekend. Still a really great movie.

You can listen to two tracks from Double Dutch on The Eames Era's myspace page. They also have a non album track that you can download called A Scandal in Bohemia. If you're a fan of groups like Mates of State and Rilo Kiley, you'll love this band. And Ashlin Phillips is just as cute as Jenny Lewis. She even has red hair! (I totally saw Troop Beverly Hills this weekend too). Listen to the songs, would ya?

The Eames Era- Could Be Anything (from The Second EP)
The Eames Era- A Scandal in Bohemia


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if I didn't have a reason to stop and listen to The Earnes Era, I do now! A Scandal In Bohemia is a stinkin' amazing album, that hiolds up well, even almost 25 years later, by a one of my two or three favorite bands (and even though The Earnes Era's song isn't a cover, I figure Karma leads you where you go, and you'd better pay attention - so thanks for the post!). And, it's always nice to have Sherlock Homes allusions in your music, isn't it?

You can get a track from The Jazz Butcher's "Scandal In Bohemia" here: http://www.jazzbutcher.com/htdb/audio - check out "Soul Happy Hour" under Sy Klopps Studio - 13Sep1999.

9:29 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Wow, I had no idea that song was named after something. Thanks for the info. You have WAY too much music trivia in your head :P You would totally slaughter on Rock and Roll Jeopardy.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have too much general trivia floating around. Sadly, it doesn't often come out at opportune times. It usually comes out 12 hours after it would have been useful, interrupting what should have been a sound sleep.

I haven't had a tv in about 10 years (well, I have one, just no cable/satelite), so it's been awhile since I saw "Rock and Roll Jeopardy." I can tell you this, though - before Mark McGrath decided it would be really cool to work for tabloid TV, HE kicked buttocks on R n R Jeopardy! He was amazing. Moon Unit Zappa? Not so much.

4:04 PM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Mark McGrath just kicked everybody ass on that show. No one stood a chance.

I'd probably lose my mind without cable television. That's kind of sad, I know, but true.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't lose your mind. You'd be surprised, after a while, how much you don't even miss it. Besides, shooting your TV frees up a lot of time (which allows you to do things like Google searches for mind-numbingly obscur trivia). Haha

I actually have a TV, I just don't get very good reception, and I refuse to pay for satelite, and they don't have cable in my little corner of the boonies. I get DVDs from the library, from time to time.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as we are (errr... I am) making The Earnes Era allusions, "Double Dutch" was an interesting Malcolm Mclaren song, after he finished his Sex Pistols/New York Dolls phase, and got into his urban music phase... Listen to Eminem sample Mclaren's "Buffalo Girls" on "Without Me".

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home