MsS: Let's hope it's a good one

Monday, November 28, 2005

Let's hope it's a good one

I had a very fun, and very busy thanksgiving holiday. My cousin Nerrissa visited from New York and we had a blast. But I definitely need this week to recover from all of the turkey eating, black Friday shopping, and Harry Potter movie watching (I got the 1st three Harry Potter movies at Target for $5.88 on Wednesday and saw the new Harry Potter movie on Friday with my cousins).

Not to be all Ebeneezer Scrooge about it, but I hate that some radio stations have already started playing Christmas music 24/7. Can we at least wait until December people? It'll be here on Thursday. That's a big part of the reason that people get burnt out on the holiday before it's even finished. I actually like Christmas songs. I've always loved Away in a Manger and O Holy Night. I quite enjoy Big Crosby's and David Bowie's Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth duet and of course the Band Aid single Do They Know It's Christmas. But after hearing Mariah Carey sing All I Want For Christmas Is You for the 23rd time in one day, I get a little aggravated. I think that we should only listen to great Christmas music from now on. I'll even get you started.

Here are the tracks from Snowden's Licorice EP. Three are covers and I think my favorite is the cover of John Lennon's Happy Christmas (War is Over).

Snowden- White Christmas
Snowden- Happy Christmas (War is Over)
Snowden- Christmas Time is Here
Snowden- China Light



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you. Christmas is great, but I am done with it after a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, a couple of weeks of Christmas usually ends about December 10.

Retailers this year were rolling out the Christmas stuff in August. Oy!

I listened to Fountains of Wayne's "I Want An Alien For Christmas" yesterday, and it put a smile on my face, but I swear, by the time I hear "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" (or worse, those dogs bark "Jingle Bells") for the zillionth time... Don't be surprised if I pop!

Of course, my coping mechanism is to avoid shopping entirely until December 24th, around 4PM. "Serenity Now!"

9:57 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

What kind of presents do you get at 4 PM on December 24th? I say gift gards are the best ways to go!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home