MsS: No twista's gonna still your stuff away

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

No twista's gonna still your stuff away

About a week ago, I won a great auction on ebay, and this afternoon, I finally got my package in the mail. I won a very rare Nikka Costa single, Get Off My Sunshine. It's even one with the original cover (the single was released in 1997 with a different cover). And it was only $5 which is even better! I love ebay.



The song Get off My Sunshine is the first track from the album Butterfly Rocket, which was only released in Australia. I'm not much of a singles collector, even for the bands that I love. But when I saw this particular single up for grabs I had to get it because of one song: Nikka's cover of Miss Celie's Blues. Yes THAT Miss Celie's Blues. The one from the movie The Color Purple. I'd never heard Nikka's version before (and trust me, I was looking all over the place for it) but I know how awesome that song is, and I know how awesome Nikka's voice is, and so I figured that the two together would be pretty damn good. And of course it is.



So here are the songs from the Get Off My Sunshine cd single. See how much I love you guys?

(from Get Off My Sunshine)

Nikka Costa- Get off My Sunshine
Nikka Costa- Get off My Sunshine (Grits and Gumbo Mix)
Nikka Costa- Miss Celie's Blues
Nikka Costa- Master Blaster

One of these days, I'll get around to posting the other tracks from Butterfly Rocket. It's not as funked out as Everybody Got Their Something and Can'tneverdidnothin' but still a very good record. Enjoy! And one more hot picture of Nikka.


4 Comments:

Blogger Salome said...

I love Nikka, Thanks for posting Get off My Sunshine (Grits and Gumbo Mix), I love that version and Miss Celie's Blues. I've seen The Color Purple like a thousands times.

8:51 PM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

I've also seen The Color Purple like a thousands times. I never get tired of it though, it's a great movie. I'm glad that you like the tracks :)

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!
what an exciting find.
i'm know i'm like a year and a half late, but is there any chance you'd repost this incredible looking single? share your riches some more.
many thanks!
joshua@subverse.org

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The files are deleted ;(. I really need the Mis Celie's Blues version. Can you re-upload it, please? :(
Thanks ..

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home