MsS: I wrote a song for you

Monday, December 05, 2005

I wrote a song for you

I'm happy that the OC has been more interesting in the past two weeks. Although Ryan didn't beat anyone's face in on Thursday's episode which was unfortunate, but it was still a good show.

Earlier this week, I found out that the guy who plays Johnny (Ryan Donowho), is in a band with Michael Pitt. They're called Pagoda. I suppose everyone grew to love Michael Pitt when they saw him on Dawson's Creek and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. But I became acquainted with him in Murder by Numbers, since I watched that movie at least once a day when I was in New York a few summers ago. It was constantly airing on one of those all movie channels. Anywho, here's a track from Pagoda called Sadartha. If you like it, you can download three more songs from the Lonely Journey EP on their myspace page. They're pretty much grunge all the way.



Pagoda- Sadartha (from The Lonely Journey EP)

And for good measure, here's a song from Adam Brody's band, Big Japan.

Big Japan- The Rise and Fall of Bill (from Music For Dummies)

The OC has been really good about playing great tunes throughout their shows. Whoever decides which songs to put in each episode and what bands should play at the Bait shop must have the most fun job ever. On Thursday night's episode, there was this awesome cover of Coldplay's Yellow that was played at the end. Say what you want about the Coldplay, but you've gotta admit that Yellow is a great song. Through Central Village, I found out that the cover was sung by the lovely Petra Haden. I got the track from Rose Music Project, but you can download it below:

Bill Frissell and Petra Haden- Yellow

1 Comments:

Blogger S.M.T. said...

Ah, so they've got the egos huh? I guess that comes along with the whole Hollywood thing.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home