MsS: There are no black people in Arizona

Monday, December 12, 2005

There are no black people in Arizona

I'm spending Christmas in New York and I've been busy trying to pack. I'm leaving Saturday morning, and there's no way I'm going to be able to squeeze my huge ass sweaters into my suitcase. And I have to bring them because I hear it's freezing up there.

Did you guys see The Boondocks last night? It was HYSTERICAL. Definitely be sure to catch the repeat this Saturday at midnight on Cartoon Network. We had a fun time over at Negroclash quoting lines from it.

Also, Voxtrot posted a bulletin on myspace saying that they had to cancel the rest of their tour due to van troubles. Totally a bummer 'cause they were supposed to play here at Lennny's tonight. Here's what they had to say:

1. We've had to cancel the rest of the tour [Norfolk, VA/Chapel Hill, NC/Atlanta & Athens, GA] due to our van problems. Sorry to all of those who were planning on coming to see us, and thanks to those who have written nice and encouraging letters to us.

2. We'd like to announce a last minute show in Brooklyn at Magnetic Field. It's an effort to try to make some of the money back that we've lost on this tour, so we appreciate all who can make it!

Weds, December 14th @ Magnetic Field

doors @ 8pm, Voxtrot at 9pm / $5
97 Atlantic Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11201 (718) 834-0069
http://www.magneticbrooklyn.com

3. To top it all off, after all of the confusion with Houston and dates being changed, it seems as if we've been booted off of the December 17th show at Numbers. We'll try and make Houston happen again someday.

Thanks to everyone for being supportive!

Love,

Voxtrot

I'm sure you've all heard about the death of comedic LEGEND Richard Pryor. I know that he's been sick for awhile, but I don't think anyone expected him to die of a heart attack. He was only 65. I told my mom when I heard, and she said, "Oh wow, that's so sad. Boy could he cuss a ton of bad words!" She's West Indian, so she has her own way of saying things :)

Here are two clips from his 1982 Live on The Sunset Strip performance. If you're easily offended, you probably shouldn't listen.

Richard on Prison
Richard on Africa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. this week's episode of the boondocks was the best one yet.(i get to watch them on fridays thanks to the friday night fix.)

riley has to be one of my favorite characters from a comic strip ever. he's hilarious.

8:07 PM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Bethanne,

I totally love Riley too. He just says whatever the hell he's thinking, and it's usually the funniest thing ever.

12:02 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

Matthew,

Yeah, it's really a shame that he died so suddenly like that. He will definitely be missed.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home