MsS: Won't someone give me some fun

Monday, December 05, 2005

Won't someone give me some fun

First of all, the current issue of URB magazine has, what might possibly be, the best magazine cover ever printed.



I'm totally jealous of both of them.

Also, someone just posted the raddest thing over at the Live Journal Bloc Party community. Thereabouts was looking through old Suede fanzines and came across these ads from two 1997 issues:

Suede Fanzine, Winter 1997 (issue #14)




Spring 1997, issue #15




So Kele was looking for people to play art rock with, trade Suede music with, and contribute to a fanzine. Why couldn't I have been born in London? I ask my mom that all the time. Not such a farfetched idea as my Aunt Mary lives there and had many children there. Also, most of my Uncle Arthur's children and grandchildren live in the UK as well.

Seeing as how Kele is only 9 days younger than me (yeah I know it's kind of ridiculous and stalker like that I know that) he was 15 when these ads were placed. Aww, just imagine how adorable a 15 year old Kele was, all rocking out to Britpop. And from the first ad, it seems he had already discovered what a great voice he possessed. Anyway, I thought you all might get a kick out of seeing this. And it's been at least a week since I've mentioned Bloc Party, right? Oh and for future reference Kele's birthday is October 13th and mine is October 4th (ya know, in case you ever want to send presents or something)

I found a Bloc Party song called This is Not A Competition on Soulseek a few days ago. I can't find too much info on it. BlocParty.net only says that it's an old song, which means it was recorded in the early days of BP, possibly when they were known as "The Angel Range" or "Union."

Bloc Party- This is Not a Competition

And here's a great song from Suede

Suede- The Drowners (from Suede)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home