MsS: We keep moving

Monday, January 09, 2006

We keep moving

Thought I'd stop in quickly and let you guys know what's been going on. I've been in New York for three weeks now, and I'm having a blast. I've been spending loads of time with my awesome family, seeing new places in the city, and pigging out on the best chinese food ever. This weekend, I went to my very first New York show/surprise party. I saw C.B.C. , Leaders, and Burbis at The Trash Bar in Brooklyn. Jenny had a surprise party for Carlos there and much fun was had by all. Oh yeah, Carlos just turned 31 so go wish him a happy birthday.

C.B.C. does acoustic covers of rap and hip hop songs. They were AWESOME. Their set list included:

Notorious B.I.G.'s Big Poppa, Nice & Smooth's Sometimes I Rhyme Slow, Ciara's Oh, Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby, R Kelly's Ignition Remix, Biz Marke's Just a Friend and The Geto Boys' Mind's Playing Tricks on Me just to name a few. They also did this amazing medley of Jay-Z songs including Dirt Off Your Shoulders, Izzo, and Big Pimpin. If you're ever in New York, and these guys are playing a show, you must see them play.

Burbis gave away cds at the end of their set, and so I thought I'd post the songs from it here. I especially dig the track I left my heart is Sri Lanka (Slumber Mix).

Burbis- The Surf Song
Burbis- Luca Brasi Sleeps with the Fishes
Burbis- I Left my Heart is Sri Lanka (Slumber Mix)
Burbis- There is No Life Left in This Monster a.k.a. Hotpants

In other awesome news, I made it onto Pretty Girls Make Graves' top 8 on myspace! How did that happen? I have no idea, but it's awesome. Check it out here. The band's official site is supposed to be relaunched shortly, and I'm very much looking forward to it. The band has also posted some tourdates for Australia in their latest blog entry here.

And here's the cover for the new album, Elan Vital.



The We Are Scientists record, With Love and Squalor, will be released in the U.S. tomorrow. If you've heard the entire record as I have, then you know it's awesome.

Yep, so I guess that's all for now. How are you guys? I hope you all had a great holiday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you Shaliza. Please come back soon! -DV

12:47 AM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

I'm back! :)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home