MsS: It's enough for me to think that's the way you feel

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It's enough for me to think that's the way you feel

I wrote about Aviator last year, and posted their song Villain, which still sounds so amazing to me. I've been listening to it a lot lately, and it's one of those songs that when you hear it, you want everyone else to hear it too.

Aviator is singer/guitarist/keyboardist Hilary Yarbrough, guitarist Casey Yarbrough, bassist Robert Heublein and drummer Harry Baxley. Casey and Hilary were members of another Atlanta band called The Rolling Sixties. Robert and Harry played in 1000 Fires. When those two bands went on hiatus, and Robert and Harry heard that Casey and Hilary were looking for a rythym section for their new side project, Aviator was born.

Because the members of Aviator come from different musical backgrounds, each brings something unique to the band. Hilary's vocals, reminiscent of Ambulette's Maura Davis, completes their sound, and I can already tell that the lyrics she sings are going to be on the lips of many.

Aviator recently released a split 7" with Parade, another fantastic Atlanta band. Penelope Shoes is Parade's offering to the split, and its a hypnotic song with very haunting, dreamy vocals. Stickfigure has the 7" for sale. $4. Yeah, it almost seems too good to be true.

I expect great things from both of these bands in the future. I look forward to a full length album from Aviator (you guys are going to make an album right?) and I'm currently enjoying A Red Button, Parade's album that I picked up at Criminal Records when I was in Atlanta. If you get a chance to see either of these bands live, go, and tell me how awesome they were.




Parade- Penelope Shoes (from A Red Button)
[psst..I totally have that plaid coat. hehe]

Aviator plays Lenny's tonight..at 9. So if you're reading this, and you're in Atlanta, you should probably leave right now.

Parade show dates:
June 24 - Tasty World/Athfest (Athens, GA)
July 13 - SoHo (Columbus, GA)
July 22 - Vinyl (Atlanta, GA)
August 1 - Live in the Lobby (WUOG, Athens, GA)

Aviator on Myspace

Parade's website
Parade on Myspace

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! Glad you like the CD. Aviator rocks, too!

5:57 PM  
Blogger S.M.T. said...

You are very welcome :)

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Mesothelioma claims said...

Welcome to there. Thanks for sharing.

Superheroes

reliance data card in chennai

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home