MsS: eNTERTAINME.nt, Boulevard, and Girls on Film

Saturday, October 22, 2005

eNTERTAINME.nt, Boulevard, and Girls on Film

Tonight, eNTERTAINME.nt, Boulevard, and Girls on Film are playing at the Drunken Unicorn. I've never seen Girls on Film before, but eNTERTAINME.nt and Boulevard both put on great live shows.

I've written about eNTERTAINME.nt before. I haven't seen them since last year, and unfortunately I can't make it to tonight's show. All of my after show rides fell through. All three of them! Hopefully Trey and Steven won't be too upset with me. eNTERTAINME.nt is signed to Luminal and they're playing the big Drop Dead Festival next week in New York. So if you're going to Drop Dead, be sure to catch their set.


eNTERTAINME.nt- Patroness (from Patroness)

I saw Boulevard for the first time when they played a show with eNTERTAINME.nt last year at the 40 Watt in Athens. I actually had English classes with both Donavan (drummer) and Emily (ex keyboardist) during college. Boulevard is a great band to see live. Benji Barton is an extremely charismatic frontman and the band has a really fun guitar pop sound. They just released a new record called Vice and Daring which you can get here. You can listen to a few tracks from the new album on their myspace page.


Boulevard- Marie (from Vice and Daring) *highly recommended*
Boulevard- Here's to the Days (from Signal)

Dancetronic Glam Wave. That's how Girls on Film describe their sound, and they certainly pay homage to the whole new wave 80s sound in their songs. They definitely dress the part, too (as you can see from picture below). These girls are from Tallahassee, FL, and recently released their album Danceteria. Trey says that they're a blast to see live. Hopefully they'll come back around to Atlanta soon so I'll get a chance to see them.



Girls on Film- Vaporized (sample from Danceteria)

After writing all that, now I REALLY wish I could go tonight, especially since it's Roman's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROMAN! I'm sure everyone's having a great time rocking out. I hope they're rocking out for me too.

260355964_l

Official Sites:
eNTERTAINME.nt
Boulevard
Girls on Film

Myspace Sites:
eNTERTAINME.nt
Boulevard
Girls on Film

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home